Come celebrate the new 3.0 release with me!
Whirlwind WordSearch is 1/2 price for the week of December 9-14, 2018!
What is "Whirlwind WordSearch"?
Whirlwind WordSearch is a powerful and easy-to-use word search puzzle maker. It creates uniquely engaging word search puzzles from your own lists of words... in many different languages! You will be building and printing professional-looking puzzles right away.
You can choose from many built-in puzzle shapes, not just the usual boring square.
The puzzles can range in size from as small as 4 letters across and down, all the way up to 50 by 50 letters.
Whirlwind WordSearch has some advanced features that create robust "classroom-safe" high-quality puzzles. It double-checks every puzzle it creates, and makes sure that each of your words only shows up once. It also removes any randomly-created "naughty words" in each of its supported languages! As you increase the difficulty setting, it will add more tricks into the puzzle, ensuring a tougher solving experience.
You can save your word search puzzles for opening again later. When you re-open them, you can re-print them, or create new puzzle shapes and sizes from the same word list. You can also easily copy and paste the high-quality puzzle and answer (PDF) images into your own word processor for re-printing in books, newsletters, or classroom handouts.
Here are the big features that make Whirlwind WordSearch an outstanding puzzle-generator! Compare these features against ANY word-search software you are using now...
Pricing & Download
Whirlwind WordSearch is regularly priced as a $9.99 (USD) application, with all future updates FREE.
Available now for any Intel Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.9 and up.
Click below to get it now at the App Store:
What's New in this version
3.0.0, December 2018
- Big User-Interface Update! Merged the Puzzle/Answer grids into a single larger grid display, and moved the "behind-the-scenes" options out to checkboxes underneath.
- Support for "Dark Mode" display on macOS X 10.14 (Mojave).
- Still has support back to Mac OS X 10.9.
- Puzzle grid now maintains nicer 1:1 aspect ratio as you resize the window.
- Added 4 new shapes: mushroom, pentagon, hexagon, octagon.
- Added Dutch, Ukrainian, Catalan, Portuguese languages.
- Added a new even-more-difficult level, with more decoy words sprinkled in puzzle.
- Allowed main window to get a little smaller (1100x640) for smaller screen sizes.
- Detects and removes even more dirty words in each language.
- Added "# of puzzle words" to the Puzzle Stats page.
- Smarter calculations of how long it should try different puzzle configurations before giving up.
- Now when you start generating a puzzle, the progress bar and progress text displays right away, letting you know that something is happening.
- Fancier scrolling musical about-box.
- Updated user guide throughout.
- Minor clarification to some error messages.
- Added musical easter eggs (to icons in main window).
- Squashed some bugs.
Example Puzzles and Answer keys
User Guide - A few example pages
ooh... dark mode!
Help & FAQ & More Info
Help/FAQ: Here is a list of answers to questions people have had...
- Q: Can I make my own puzzle book with these puzzles and sell the book? A: Yes you can... Any puzzles you create using Whirlwind WordSearch are completely yours to give away or sell.
- Q: Can you add another language for me? A: Probably, however... it does take some research and work to add a new language. Please E-mail me with your proposed language, and let me know if *you* are willing to help a little with it.
- Q: Can I print the User Guide? A: Yes you can... simply choose it from the Help menu, and when it is displayed (in the Preview application) simply print it from there.
BLOG: If you are interested in a deeper behind-the-scenes Blog/essay on the creation of this software, please visit my blog entry here.
TRAILER:Original Intro Video for Whirlwind WordSearch 1.0
If you have more questions about Whirlwind WordSearch or wish to send me feedback... contact me here!