Overview - What is Bingo Genie?
Do you want to easily create your own beautiful customized BINGO cards for your classroom, party, or company event? Your wish has been granted. Now you can quickly design your own custom cards, adding your list of text for the boxes in your choice of fonts and colors, and then print your cards, like magic. Everything should be this easy.
Bingo Genie is a Macintosh software application that helps you create and print your own customized "Bingo Game Cards", using your own lists of words or phrases. You can then use these cards to teach vocabulary, science or math in schools, or for party games, or special company events.
It has customizeable features that let you design beautiful cards, and it sports a powerful engine under the hood to quickly generate however many cards you need for a Bingo deck, guaranteeing that each card is unique.
You can create card sizes of 3x3, 4x4, or 5x5, and create decks containing 4 to 100 cards. See the "Features" section below for a complete list of things you can do with this versatile software.
This software runs on any Intel Macintosh using Mac OS 10.11 or newer.
All of this for one price... no monthly fees, no extra upgrade costs. Ever.
There is even a free "Lite" version that you can download and access many of the features right away.
We have conjured up a delightful list of features for you. Compare these features against ANY bingo-card-making software you are using now...
- Choose card sizes from 3x3, 4x4, or 5x5.
- Create a deck of any number of cards, from 4 up to 100 unique cards, with accompanying call sheet that lists each box item used on the cards.
- Use your own list of words or phrases for the box items, including different languages or emoji, and choose your own fonts and colors for the box text.
- Optionally add your own title and subtitle above the cards, and footer below with card number, and choose your own font and color for the text.
- Turn on or off usage of a FREE box in the middle, and choose a different word for the "FREE" box.
- Turn on or off the display of the "BINGO" letters above the columns, and choose your own font and color for the text.
- Choose a different color and size for the grid lines around the card boxes, or turn the grid lines off completely.
- Optionally add your own background image behind the cards.
- Save your designed card deck settings as a file for opening and printing later, or for sending to other Bingo Genie users.
- Automatically create a "Call Sheet" reference sheet, listing all box items used in this deck of cards. You can use this to do your random selection/calling of the boxes. The call sheet comes in two formats, "list" and "boxes."
- Print your deck of cards to a printer, or save the entire deck as a PDF file for later printing, sharing, or selling to others who do not have Bingo Genie.
- Use the uniquely generated "Deck ID" from an older printed deck to exactly "re-create" the deck with Bingo Genie, in case you need to re-print card #13 that Dave accidentally took home and lost.
- The "Deck ID" printed under each card consists of scrambled letters, however, it is always "sanitized" to insure no embarrassing "naughty words" are accidentally embedded in it, so it will always be "classroom-safe."
- Buy this software once, use it forever. No hidden upgrade costs or extra fees. Ever.
- Run this software without a net. Bingo Genie does not need an internet connection to do its magic.
Show Me More...
Pricing & Download
The full-featured version of Bingo Genie is priced at $14.99 (USD), with all future updates FREE.
Do you wish to try it first before you buy it? There is a "Lite" version of the application (with fewer features), which you can download and use for free.
Although the Lite version of the software does not have all the sizes and extra features of the full version,
FULL version on Mac App Store...
Click the icon below to buy & download from the App Store:
FREE Lite version on Mac App Store...
Click the icon below to download the free version from the App Store:
FREE Lite version, direct download...
Click the icon below to download directly from my web site:
Full 10+ page user guide, direct download...
Click the PDF icon below to download the full user guide (.pdf) directly from my web site:
Here are the differences between the "Full" and "Lite" versions:
1.0.2 - April 4, 2020
- BugFix: The User Guide now displays correctly from the Help menu.
1.0.1 - April 1, 2020 (really)
- BugFix: The Call Sheets now correctly show/hide the "Deck ID" when the user changes the Footer settings.
- BugFix: The "Help:Rate/Review" item now correctly launches the App Store for review.
Some Tips - from the User Guide
How to change the letter font size of the box text on your cards
How to split long box text into 2 lines
How to quickly make several decks that have similar settings
How to remove the Free box on the cards
If you find that your box text is a little too small or a little too large for the card boxes, you can fine-tune the size of the letters before printing.
For the box text: Under the "1. Design" tab, select the "Boxes" tab, and look for the slider called "Box text font size adjustment". You can move this slider up (larger text) or down (smaller text), while watching the "Box" Preview on the right to see what size works best.
For the call sheet text: Under the "1. Design" tab, select the "Call" tab, and look for the slider called "Call sheet font size adjustment". You can move this slider up (larger text) or down (smaller text), while watching either "Call Sheet" Preview on the right to see what size works best.
A box item will automatically wrap to multiple lines if it is too long using the font size you chose. However, it wraps at letter boundaries, not necessarily the word or hyphen boundaries you might want. There is a way to tell Bingo Genie exactly where you want to break the box item. You can enter a '\' (back-slash) character on a box item line to force a line-break, splitting it into multiple lines where you want.
You may want to design a card layout and use it as a basic "template" for all future decks. Perhaps you always make 5x5 decks with a free space, and always want a subtitle of "Mr. Brown's Biology Class".
Simply set up the settings the way you want, and choose "Save Default Settings" from the "Bingo Genie" menu. From now on, any new documents you create will start out with those default settings. This does not affect any existing documents you have already saved, since they now keep their own settings.
To create Bingo cards where every box is filled, and there is no "Free" box, simply click the "1. Design" tab, then the "Boxes" tab under that. Then turn off the checkbox entitled "Add a 'Free' box on the card", and make your cards. Remember that without this box used on your cards, you will need another box item of your own in order to make the cards.